As I mentioned, I've been busy going from room to room in our house making little changes here and there. Although there have been (and will be) some bigger changes, this was just a little something I added to our
After retiring some of our
from the television console, I knew I wanted something more uniform and simple there. I had the idea of lining the entire console with mason jars and thought little pom pom flowers (
) would be perfect there. Except instead of the yarn ones I am familiar with, I figured I'd try felt ones to get a more perfect ball shape, like
And then I came across three problems..
1) The felt I needed was really hard to find. What aisle would it be in?
2) Once I finally found it (in a nameless aisle, FYI), it was much pricier then I was excepting, and well I didn't want this to be more than a $10 project.
3) Even if I was willing to spend more, I wanted really neutral colors, and unless I was looking in the wrong place, the felt I saw was much more colorful than I wanted.
So as I was walking helplessly out of the craft store, I found these funny little balls things..and I knew I was set! Here's what you'll need:
1. Flower stems. I opted for the thicker, neutral colored ones.
2. Glue for the hot glue gun
3. Hot glue gun
4. These weird balls! I found them on the outskirts of the floral area.
6. A tea kettle or something with similar a curve
Now, not much explanation here. A
simple DIY. Cut stems to desired length. I did three different lengths. Hot glue balls to the stems (I pushed each stem into the ball for a little extra strength). Take stem and curve around the kettle for a nice, natural curve (like below).
And voila! You're done and you have some cool, neutral looking flower ball things! I shall call them
Faux Felt Flower Balls
(obviously). It really helped to add just a little something to our living room, and all under $10 too.
Have a great day!